The MissionBrain Potential is a non-profit company whose purpose is two-fold: first, to increase public awareness and educate the public about stroke - how people get them, the risk factors, and the warning signs when someone is having a stroke, and that the people under the age of 50 get strokes each year too.
New to Brain Potential
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association's YoureTheCure.org - 10/21/2013 Posted on: October 21, 2013
- Rally for Medical Research with the American Heart Association! Posted on: September 16, 2013
- Learn F.A.S.T. ways to follow the stroke warning signs! 06/18/2013 Posted on: July 3, 2013
- Myth Versus Facts About Stroke - American Heart Association/American Stroke Association Posted on: May 14, 2013
- Go Red for Women Luncheon - 02/08/2013 Posted on: May 7, 2013
Three types of Stroke
Do you know the different types of strokes? There are three main types of strokes. Each has its own unique causes, affects, and treatments. Learn more about a specific type of stroke.
Strokes can have a major impact on a survivor's life. Relearning skills that many take for granted, recovery can be long and difficult. These articles will be useful for stroke survivors, their family members and their caregivers.
Young Stroke Survivors
Brain Potential was started as a resource for young stroke survivors. There is confusion when a stroke happens to a young person and these articles are meant to be informative and inspirational.
General Stroke Information
Learning more about strokes is the first step in raising awareness and understanding what is happening to those who are affected by stroke. Review the articles below to learn more about types of stroke, how strokes occur, and the results of having a stroke.
These are concepts that are important to understanding strokes.